Scott Christensen began painting with oils on stretched canvas in 1997 at the age of 26. Four years later, Scott resigned from his position leading a horizontal drilling gang to study Visual Art full-time. Scott's wife had just given birth to their first children - twins.
...As Scott recalls, ‘failure was not an option'.
Since then, Scott united his ability to create with his love of the Australian coastline, and has never looked back; selling over 350 originals and over 4500 Canvas Editions to date.
He represents these ever-changing environments with vibrant colour, sharp composition, and attention to every detail. His work has been described as ‘stylish, photo-realism', ‘unique, and very Australian'.
Scott's work is held in private and public collections within Australia and in private collections everywhere from the USA to the UK.
Strong sales Australia wide are confirmation that Scott's images connect with many, a trend that is continuing on the world stage. His work is continuing to mature and develop, assuring investors of its collect-ability.
Scott Christensen paints full-time from his home studio and showroom in Redland Bay, Queensland Australia.
- 2009 First Prize - Oil Painting. Redfest - Redland Spring Festival.
- 2007 People's Choice Award - Robina Rotary Art Show, Gold Coast.
- 2004 People's Choice Award - St. Stephens Art Show, Brisbane.
- 2003 People's Choice Award - St. Stephens Art Show, Brisbane.
- 2003 Highly Commended - Rotary Art Show, Brisbane.
Supported Organisations and Events:
- Break the Cycle - www.breakthecycle.org.au
- Mathew Stanley Foundation - www.mathewstanleyfoundation.com.au
- Mater Foundation - www.materfoundation.org.au
- Redland Bay State School - www.redlandbayss.eq.edu.au
- Lions Club Redlands - www.lionsclubs.org.au
- Point Lookout Surf Life Saving Club - www.ptlookoutslsc.com
- SOS Children’s Villages - www.aids-children.org
- The Daniel Morcombe Foundation – Dance for Daniel Fundraiser
- The Mater Foundation - Mater Little Miracles Ball
- The Royal Flying Doctor Service - Wings for Life Gala
- Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital – Steve Irwin Gala Dinner
- 2006 Sanctuary Cove Country Club, Gold Coast.
- 2005 "Undertow" Redland Art Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2003 "Stradbroke to Byron" The Old Schoolhouse Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2010 Sanctuary Cove Art Festival.
- 2009 Glassy Walls Surf Art Exhibition - Australian Surf Festival, Port Macquarie.
- 2009 Redlands Spring Festival, Cleveland.
- 2008 Rotary Art Spectacular, Brisbane.
- 2007 Rotary Art Show, Robina Gold Coast.
- 2007 Abused Child Trust Art Exhibition, Brisbane.
- 2007 Rotary Art Spectacular, Brisbane.
- 2006 Abused Child Trust Art Exhibition, Brisbane.
- 2006 Rotary Art Spectacular, Brisbane.
- 2005 Selected for "by invitation only" art prizes:
- Mt Olivet "Reflections of Life" Art Prize at Central Plaza One, Brisbane.
- "Rotary Art Spectacular" at The Riverside Centre, Brisbane.
- 2004 "Stradbroke Minjerribah" Redland Art Gallery, Brisbane.
- "Stradbroke’s North Gorge" chosen as the promotional image and the painting was bought by the Redland Shire Council.
- 2004 Art Gallery Collections, Gold Coast.
- 2004 The Manly Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2004 The Oxford Street Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2004 Corporate Art, Gold Coast.
- 2004 The Old Schoolhouse Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2004 Redland Art Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2004 Picture This, Gold Coast.
- 2004 Art Directors Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2003 Art Gallery Collections, Gold Coast.
- 2003 The Manly Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2003 The Oxford Street Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2003 The Bulimba Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2003 The Old Schoolhouse Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2003 Full time study - Cerificate2 in visual art - CNART 040 Visual Art.
- Became an exhibiting member of The Old Schoolhouse Gallery, Cleveland.
- Completed 2 commissioned wall murals at Cleveland’s Raby Bay Harbour
- 2009 Gold Coast Home and Design Show – G.C.C.E.C.
- 2008 Sydney HIA Home and Design Show – S.E.C. May.
- 2007 Brisbane Home and Design Show – B.C.E.C. October.
- 2007 Gold Coast Home and Design Show – G.C.C.E.C. May.
- 2007 Sydney HIA Home and Design Show – S.E.C. May.
- 2006 Brisbane Home and Design Show – B.C.E.C. October.
- 2006 Gold Coast Home and Outdoor Show – Parklands Show Grounds May.
- 2006 Gold Coast Home and Design Show – G.C.C.E.C. May.
- 2004 Brisbane Home and Design Show – B.C.E.C. October.
- Bayside Bulletin "Straddie Scenes Come to School" January 2011.
- Artist’s Back to Basics "Meet Talented Artist – Scott Christensen" Issue #1 October 2010.
- Simply Redlands "Beach Beauty on Canvas" June 2010.
- Redlands on Moreton Bay Visitor Guide "Scott Christensen" March 2010.
- Bayside Bulletin "Scott’s Work on Show" May 2010.
- "About Me" D'Fine Magazine June, 2010.
- "60 Years Between The Flags - A History of Surf Life Saving on North Stradbroke Island" - Cover Image
- Australian Artist Magazine "Surf, Sand and Sea" Issue #307 January, 2010.
- Profile - Art and framing "Visions of Australia" Issue #54 December, 2009.
- Redlands Times "Scott’s Seascapes on Show" January, 2009.
- Bayside Bulletin "Drillers Art Goes On Show at Gallery" April, 2008.
- Bayside Bulletin "Scott's Beach Art A Class Act" June, 2007.
- International Artist Magazine "The Key to Specializing is Hard Earned Knowledge" issue #53 Mar, 2007.
- Gold Coast Weekend Bulletin "Scott’s Beach Break" - Marina Saint Martin Nov 18, 2006.
- Bayside Bulletin "Life's A Beach" August, 2006.
- Life Weekly "Fine Ocean Art" July, 2006.
- Queensland Homes "The Life Aquatic" June, 2006.
- The Artist’s Palette "Sun Catcher" – Justyna Lupa Jan, 2006.
- The Club Magazine "Washed Ashore with Scott Christensen" Dec, 2005.
- The Courier Mail "Colouring His World" Patrick Watson Nov 8, 2005.
- Southern Bay News "Smell the Sea - Realistic Art Works" Oct 21, 2005.
- The Bayside Bulletin "True Blue Art" Samantha Peters Oct 11, 2005.
- The Gold Coast Bulletin "Ocean Feeling Pervades Canvas" Oct 4, 2005.
- The Wynnum Herald "Surfer Catches Spirit of Sea" Michael Wray Aug 24, 2005.
- Origin Publishing News Selection Announcement Mar Ed, 2005.
- The Courier Mail "Surfing Coastal Culture" Sandra Mclean Dec 4, 2004.
- The Courier Mail "Seascape Scenes" Lisa Yallamas Oct 9, 2004.
- Style Magazine "Splashing Out" Hillary Veale Sep, 2004.
- Go Boating "Sea Breezes and Brushes" Catherine Burrell Aug, 2004.
- The Redland Times "Top of the Class" Sara Harris June, 2004.
- Southern Bay News "A Brush with Art" Jan 23, 2004.
- The Bayside Bulletin "Scott Swaps his Drills for Brushes" Samantha Peters Feb 25, 2003.